Scientists believe there are two essential elements in fat burning foods. One of them is fiber. Fruits and vegetables have lots of fiber. Consuming fruits and vegetables gives a filling sensation and the best part is a decrease in caloric intake.
So, if fruits and vegetables are called the fat burning food, fiber may well be the fat burning nutrient. Protein is another best fat burning food. It’s becoming more scientifically accepted that protein may help to curb appetite.
Protein also has the same power, and can slightly boost our metabolism in the process. But its imperative that we choose your proteins wisely, because like all other foods, if were eating more than the body needs, itll show up on the scale as a gain, instead of a loss.
The list of smart, low-calorie fat burning foods is as follows.
1. Green tea. Researchers find that the catechins (helpful phytochemicals) in green tea may trigger weight loss by stimulating the body to burn calories and mildly decrease body fat. So indulge in either a hot cup or a nice tall iced glass of green tea.
2. Broth- or tomato-based soups. Soups can help reduce hunger before meals and increase feeling of fullness.
3. Low-calorie green salads. Let’s start off by saying “please, do not load your low-calorie salads with croutons, fatty dressings and cheese”, or it will be counter-productive. I highly recommend you add high fiber content such as sunflower seeds. This way you will curb any cravings later.
4. Low-fat yogurt. Including dairy products as part of a healthy diet may promote our weight loss efforts. Choosing a light yogurt may help fight off hunger pangs due to its combination of protein and carbohydrate.
5. Beans. Beans have fiber and protein and the best part of all, eating beans is filling. Navy, Pinto, Lima, Black Eye are all common beans.
6. Water. Water is the bodys lifeblood, and we should be drinking it throughout the day. Its a great no-calorie beverage, and we can get it by drinking unsweetened tea, flavored unsweetened mineral water, regular water with lime or lemon, or even in cucumbers.
In addition to helping flush toxins from the body, it can also help us feel full. So when those hunger pangs strike, try drinking a glass of water before grabbing that snack.
7. High-fiber, whole-grain cereal. To some it tastes like cardboard but high-fiber, whole-grain cereal will give your body a jump start. Don’t knock it until you try. Whole grains help enhance fiber and your daily nutritional intake. No time for breakfast? A bowl of cereal will get the job done.
Give this fat burning foods list a try, you will be surprised.