If you’re hoping to lose fat, there’s a pretty good chance you’ve tried a lot of methods. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who are unhappy with their bodies don’t succeed in their fat loss goals. That’s because they’re often using gimmicky weight loss plans that can actually damage their bodies! If you’re in this boat, and you don’t know how to get rid of the fat while staying healthy, here are a few tips that might get you on the right track.
1. Consume lots of water. Your body demands a lot of water therefore give it water. Water isn’t just a way to flush toxin out but when you have more water in the body you’ll in general feel fitter and healthier. This itself will deter any inclination to overeat. The best thing about water is it contains no calories at all.
2. Have a glass of water while you eat as well. Take a drink after each bite and you will feel full more quickly so you can leave the table feeling satisfied without feeling bloated. Drinking water while you eat will also help your food to settle more quickly, which also helps you to feel full faster.
3. Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice. Juice is often sweetened but fresh fruits have natural sugars. When you eat fruit, you are taking in a lot of fiber, which is needed by the body, and fruits of course are an excellent source of vitamins.
4. Increase your fiber intake. Like I mentioned, the body needs a lot of fiber. So try to include in your diet as many fruits and vegetables as you can.
5. Watch everything you consume from the food itself to what you top it with. Garnishments and condiments can sabotage a healthy meal because they are typically high in fat.
6. Eat only when you are hungry. Be sure to drink a glass of water first to determine if you really are hungry or if you are really thirsty. Many people have the tendency to eat when they see food. It doesn’t mean they are hungry; they just want to eat it. Don’t eat anything you’re offered unless you really are hungry. If you feel you must eat it out of being polite, just nibble, don’t have a meal.
7. Go easy on coffee and tea. They are safe by themselves. It is if you add the sugar and cream that they get fattening. Do you know drinking a cup of coffee or tea that has at least 2 cubes of sugar and cream is as fattening as eating a large piece of rich chocolate cake?